Rules & Regulations
Additional time can be purchased at $5 per minute per dancer except soloists.
- Ages are determined as of January 1st, 2023.
-For duo/trios and groups, the ages of all dancers as of 01/01/2023 must be averaged together. If there is a decimal, round down and drop the decimal.
- Duo/Trio and Group entries cannot compete in an age division more than one age division younger than the oldest dancer’s age as of 01/01/2023, regardless of the average age.
- All competitors must be able to provide proof of their age at a Pinnacle Dance Competition if a protest regarding age occurs. Such protest must be presented in writing to the Director of Pinnacle Dance within one-half hour of the performance of the entry in question. Only a Studio Director can initiate a protest.
5 years & under
20 years & up
- Studio Directors should use their own discretion to determine the level of each dancer.
- In a routine that has performers from mixed performance levels, more than 70% of the dancers must be from the performance level they are competing in.
- Routines that are obviously under-placed may be placed in a higher level by the judges.
Dancers who take a total of less than three hours of combined dance and/or acrobatics lessons per week.
Advanced includes dancers taking three to five hours of dance and/or acrobatics per week with limited competition experience, and not yet ready to compete at the highest level.
All dancers taking over five hours of dance and/or acrobatics per week, performance level dancers that wish to compete at a competitive level, and advanced level dancers that wish to compete at a competitive level.
Pinnacle: 300-280 Platinum: 279-270 Gold: 269-255 Silver: 254-240
Pinnacle: 300-285 Platinum: 284-275 Gold: 274-260 Silver: 259-245
Pinnacle: 300-291 Platinum: 290-281 Gold: 280-265 Silver: 264-250
Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Pinnacle adjudicated entries qualify for Nationals in all Levels.
1st, 2nd, & 3rd place awards will be presented to each age division in each dance category for each competition level.
1st, 2nd, & 3rd place overall awards will be presented to each age division for each competition level and division.
Pinnacle will determine if the Top 10, Top 5, Top 3 or the Top Overall 1st place entry will be recognized during the Overall Awards. This will be based on the number of entries at the regional competition.
Every soloist will be eligible for the Title Competition regardless of level. There is no additional fee to be considered for Title. Title entries will be awarded based on their Technique, Execution, Presentation, and Overall Impression scores. There is no minimum number of dancers for a Title Award to be presented.
Best of Pinnacle | Best in Studio | Choreography | Costume | Technique | Sportsmanship | Top Performance Level | Top Competitive Level | Top Elite Level | Top Performance Studio | Top Competitive Studio | Top Elite Studio