Rules & Regulations
Additional time can be purchased at $5 per minute per dancer except soloists.
- Ages are determined as of January 1st, 2023.
-For duo/trios and groups, the ages of all dancers as of 01/01/2023 must be averaged together. If there is a decimal, round down and drop the decimal.
- Duo/Trio and Group entries cannot compete in an age division more than one age division younger than the oldest dancer’s age as of 01/01/2023, regardless of the average age.
- All competitors must be able to provide proof of their age at a Pinnacle Dance Competition if a protest regarding age occurs. Such protest must be presented in writing to the Director of Pinnacle Dance within one-half hour of the performance of the entry in question. Only a Studio Director can initiate a protest.
5 years & under
20 years & up
- Studio Directors should use their own discretion to determine the level of each dancer.
- In a routine that has performers from mixed performance levels, more than 70% of the dancers must be from the performance level they are competing in.
- Routines that are obviously under-placed may be placed in a higher level by the judges.
Dancers who take a total of less than three hours of combined dance and/or acrobatics lessons per week.
Advanced includes dancers taking three to five hours of dance and/or acrobatics per week with limited competition experience, and not yet ready to compete at the highest level.
All dancers taking over five hours of dance and/or acrobatics per week, performance level dancers that wish to compete at a competitive level, and advanced level dancers that wish to compete at a competitive level.
Pinnacle: 300-280 Platinum: 279-270 High Gold: 269-260 Gold: 259-250 Silver: 249-240
Pinnacle: 300-285 Platinum: 284-275 High Gold: 274-265 Gold: 264-255 Silver: 254-240
Pinnacle: 300-291 Platinum: 290-281 High Gold: 280-271 Gold: 270-261 Silver: 260-240
1st, 2nd, & 3rd place awards will be presented to each age division for each competition level.
1st, 2nd, & 3rd place overall awards will be presented to each age division for each competition level and division.
Pinnacle will award Top 5 placements and the Top Overall 1st place entry will be recognized during the Overall Awards.
The Pinnacle Dancer
- Soloists qualify by placing Top 5 at regionals in any competitive level.
- The Pinnacle Dancer will be chosen in the following age groups - The Mini Pinnacle Dancer, The Petite Pinnacle Dancer, The Junior Pinnacle Dancer, The Teen Pinnacle Dancer, and The Pinnacle Dancer (senior).
- The title division is gender neutral.
- Title is chosen by participation in a workshop, submission of a photogenic headshot, and one single solo scoring.
Scoring weight - Solo - 70% | Workshop 20% | Photogenic 10%
The Pinnacle Soloist
- The top 3 scoring solos per age category from Mini, Junior, Teen, and Senior re-compete for The Pinnacle Soloist. (Title solos not included).
The Pinnacle Duo/Trio
- The top 3 scoring duo/trios per age category from Mini, Junior, Teen, and Senior re-compete for The Pinnacle Duo/Trio in both the Competitive and Elite Levels.
The Pinnacle Group
- The top 3 scoring groups per age category from Mini, Junior, Teen, and Senior re-compete for The Pinnacle Group in both the Competitive and Elite Levels.
The Pinnacle Production
- The top 3 scoring groups per age category from Mini, Junior, Teen, and Senior re-compete for The Pinnacle Production in both the Competitive and Elite Levels.